From: Eduard Schreiner (eduard.schreiner_at_rub.de)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 02:36:07 CST

Hi Anil,

I assume you are using the graphical interface.
It sounds like the selection is not updated every frame.
Thus, activate:
"Update SelectionEvery Frame"
and
"Update Color Every Frame"
for your selections in
Graphics -> Representations -> Trajectory

Hope this helps.

Eddi

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 05:43, Anil Kumar wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to make a movie, in VMD, of a trajectory(xyz coordinate file)
> which is obtained from MC simulation. Trajectory file has two type of
> atoms (say A and B). Initial configuration has 10% of A atoms and 90% of B
> atoms. During the simulation number of A type atoms increases and number
> of B type atoms decreases. Final configuration has say 80% of A and 20% of
> B atoms.
>
> 1. Now I have given two elemental name for A and B atoms (say Ar & Na).
> When I visualize this file in VMD. Then color code it shows only from the
> initial configuration(I mean 10% of particles have color A and 90% of
> particles have color B.) But it can't visualize the way the number of A
> particles have increased during simulation.
>

> 2. Also, If I take only A type of Atoms in my trajectory file, so this
> trajectory file contains different number of Atoms in different frame(As
> number of A type atoms increases during simulation). VMD can't visualize
> this file.
>
> Could you please help me how to visualize above both type of trajectory
> in VMD.
>

> Thanking you in anticipation.
>
> With Best Regards,
> Anil
>

> **************************
> Anil Kumar
> Research Scholar
> Theoretical Sciences Unit
> JNCASR, Bangalore
> India -560064
> Phone : 080-22082834
> Mob. : 09342399856
> Email:anilk_at_jncasr.ac.in

Eduard Schreiner                     e-mail: eduard.schreiner_at_theochem.rub.de
Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie          Phone: ++49 (0)234/32-22121
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum - NC 03/52         Fax:   ++49 (0)234/32-14045
D-44780 Bochum                              http://www.theochem.rub.de