From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 16:27:58 CST

Aneesh,
  You'll want to look at how a few of the other trajectory analysis
scripts for VMD are typically written, so that you can model your script
after the same general layout. There are some examples in the VMD script
library, and more extensive examples in the VMD and NAMD tutorials.
Generally speaking, you'll load trajectory frames (either all at once,
or using a script like the BigDCD script in the script library), and
updating atom selections etc on each new frame, you'll calculate your
SASA values and store the results for plotting, output, or subsequent
analysis routines. Let us know if you have specific questions.