From: James.Beavis_at_csiro.au
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 21:47:43 CST

Hi

Just installed vmd on my linux work station, run by a dual core 64-bit
Intel processor unit.

I've compiled vmd_LINUXIA64 and tried to run vmd, however the GUI poped
up for a second and then disappeared.

I then tried following the manuals and tried to run vmd through the
terminal using vmd -dispdev text however I received the following error:

/usr/local/vmd/vmd_LINUX: command not found

I don't think this is a library issue, although it obviously is trying
to find something that is not there, my thinking is that vmd hasn't
compiled itself correctly and is looking for LINUX version and not the
LINUXIA64 version. I'm probably wrong but I've found it hard to make the
suggestions in the manuals work for me.

Any ideas?

Cheers

James

____________________________________

James Beavis

Postgraduate Research Candidate

CSIRO - Energy Technology

Bayview Avenue,

Clayton South, Vic. 3168.

Australia.

Phone: +61 3 9545 8932

Fax: +61 3 9562 8919

Mobile: 0413 535 534

e-mail: james.beavis_at_csiro.au <mailto:james.beavis_at_csiro.au>

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\ree130\Application%20Data\Microso
ft\Signatures\www.det.csiro.au> ____________________________________