From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 15:50:55 CDT

Hi,
  You'll need to perform the same slicing and dicing on the main
structure file as you've done on the DCD, so that you can load the
DCD with the new structure to view the simulation. Since you're working
with AMBER inputs, you may find it easiest to do this by using
atom selections to chop the same portions of the structure you chopped
using catdcd, and writing it out to a new PDB/PSF pair. Once you've
got those, then you can load the PDB, PSF, and DCD into VMD and everything
should work fine. The PSF generated by this operation won't be useful
for simulation since it will have lost the angles/dihedrals/impropers etc,
but it will preserve the same bonding information that was in your original
AMBER data, but for the selected subset of atoms.