From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 12:22:32 CDT

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Samuel Flores wrote:

SF> Hi Guys,

hi sam,

SF> I wonder if someone could remind me how to play back NAMD trajectories in

why don't you remind yourself by looking at the stuff at:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/docs.html#tutorials
?

SF> VMD. I thought I would just load the .pdb, .psf, and .dcd files and hit
SF> "play." The protein looks fine but when I load the .dcd file and hit play i
SF> see a bunch of white dots dancing around a static pdb structure. Can anyone
SF> tells me what I'm doing wrong?

you load the .psf file first and then the .dcd file "into"
this molecule. the .psf file contains the topology information
and atom names etc., the .dcd only the coordinates. you need
both for a proper display.

cheers,
   axel.