From: Jim Fonseca (jf163201_at_ohiou.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 15:15:02 CDT

Hi,
I'm trying to display some Volumeslices of data created with the APBS
plugin. My problem is that once I increase the grid size to
129x129x129 (APBS /plugin requires 2^n+1, I believe) my Volumeslice
gets textured with what appears to data from some other address of my
video card's memory. Here's a link to the picture.
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~jf163201/Picture-2.jpg

As neat as that looks, it makes explaining my results fairly
difficult. :)

I've got a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.4.10 with an ATI X1600 video
card with 128 megs of video ram. When I load the pot.dx file from
apbs, VMD tells me:
Info) Analyzing Volume...
Info) Grid size: 129x129x129 (32 MB)
Info) Total voxels: 2146689

The 65x65x65 data set works fine but I'm looking at a pretty large
system (not the example protein in the image) and the extra grid
points would really help. It seems it should be able to handle the 32
MB dataset. Or maybe not?

Thanks for your help
Jim Fonseca