From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 07:27:34 CDT

> But I think that if you want to use your .psf for simulations, you must not
> modify the topology file.

Just to clarify, I can't speak to charmm, but at least in namd there's
no need for that H1-H2 dummy bond; it is fine to use a psf based on a
modified topology file. It used to be needed for rigidbonds, but now has
no effect in namd (you'll note that this bond has a constant of 0 in the
parameter file).
Peter