From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2007 - 22:24:02 CDT

Hi,
  Did you run the installed version of the VMD startup script?
I would expect the error below only the situation that you ran
the uncustomized version that's in the installatino package rather
than the version that gets installed in /usr/local/bin (or whatever
destination you selected at install time.). If you did run the installed
version, please email me a copy of your startup script and I'll check it.