From: Jim Pfaendtner (jpfaendt_at_hec.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 13:55:00 CDT

Thanks Axel,

This works exactly as you said. Now I can call vmd -args MYFILE.pdb
and then apply my saved state which now uses "$argv" as the filename.

Is there a way to further modify my saved state so that instead of
using "$argv" it will just take whatever pdb is currently on top and
apply the state to that? That way I wouldn't have to reopen VMD
every time I wanted to apply my saved state to a pdb and I could have
two pdb's open in VMD both with the applied state.

Thanks!

Jim