From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 13:33:03 CDT

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Jim Pfaendtner wrote:

hi jim,

i would suggest you create a matching saved state
to your liking, then edit the filename to be read
into a variable and then pass that filename as a
flag when calling VMD via -args. see.
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node194.html
and previous discussions about using -args to
pass arguments to scripts in the mailing list archives.

cheers,
   axel.