From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2007 - 15:38:20 CDT

Hi,
  If you're just using the 'measure sasa' command, you probably just
need to read about it in the User's Guide:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node124.html

Perhaps this isn't the level of detail you want, but I don't think
we have a nice high-level description of the SASA algorithm anywhere
other than in the source. See the code starting at line 1018 of Measure.C:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/doxygen/Measure_8C-source.html

  johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu