From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 09:53:56 CST

Hi Stef,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:10:55AM +0100, St?phane Teletch?a wrote:
> It would be nice to select the DNA/RNA (e.g. nucleic acids) subpart directly :
> backbone works, sugar and bases would be a fast way to select other parts.

We've added atom selection macros to VMD for just this purpose. Using a
command of the form:

  atomselect macro sugar "some atom selection text goes here"

you can add your own terms to VMD's list of understood keywords. Put those
commands in your .vmdrc file to have them available all the time.

> Also, is there a link (for the documentation of) for the description of a
> unusual compound ?

I'm not sure what you mean here; do you mean unusual compounds that show up
in a PDB file?

Cheers,
Justin

--
  Justin Gullingsrud        3111 Beckman Institute        217-244-8946
  I been dropping the new science, and I be kicking the new knowledge,