From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 18:19:18 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  We've just built a new test version of VMD 1.8 which is based
on a new version of FLTK, fixing the problems we had been having
with MacOS 10.2. We believe the new build runs about as well
as the previous native MacOS builds have run. I've made the new
version available for FTP for those interested in giving it a try.

The disk image is 4.6MB gzipped, and can be downloaded from this location:
  ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/vmd-1.8a28.dmg.gz

We expect to make progress fixing various of the remaining MacOS X
bugs now that we've got it running on MacOS 10.2, so there will
be new test versions over the coming weeks that will replace
this one.

This test version should run on MacOS 10.1 as well as MacOS 10.2,
if you encounter any problems using it, please let us know.

Thanks,