From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 09:58:28 CDT

Dear Marc,
  I wanted to add to Justin's suggestions regarding TkCon, that's
probably what you _really_ want to use, but I've added some suggestions
below for the items you asked about:

  VMD doesn't make use of ".tcshrc" files, you would instead want
to add those lines to ".vmdrc", which is the file that VMD reads
on startup if it exists. You can get a template .vmdrc by copying
one from your vmd installation (usually in /usr/local/lib/vmd/.vmdrc ).
If you add that to .vmdrc it should work if you have the "tclreadline"
package installed somewhere where VMD can find it. Our default build of
VMD does not have this package, so you'll need to add it somewhere.

  John