From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 16:05:55 CDT

Hi,

Sounds like a cool app! Unfortunately, it looks like the only workaround
I have at the moment for adding graphics data is to load a real molecule
instead of a 'graphics' molecule. You could create a pdb file containing
just one atom, use that to initialize the molecule, then delete the single
coordinate frame. This will certainly be fixed in a future version.

Incidentally, I would want to let you know that we are strongly considering
creating a new Python interface in which the C-level code would be
generated by SWIG from our main C++ API, and the user-level code would
be written in actual Python (though the C API could of course be accessed
directly for efficiency). I'd be interested in hearing any comments you
might have about the Python API we have now.

Cheers,

Justin

--
  Justin Gullingsrud        3111 Beckman Institute        217-244-8946
  I been dropping the new science, and I be kicking the new knowledge,