From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 14:05:06 CDT

Dear Eric,
  No, VMD will not run on older versions of MacOS, it requires
MacOS X, as the Mac port is essentially the same as other Unix
versions except for the FLTK and OpenGL code which are built to
run specially for MacOS X. We don't currently plan to support the
older versions of MacOS, as they would require substantially
more porting effort and we don't have the resources to commit
to such a project. We are hoping that most of the potential
Mac user community will be using MacOS X over the next two years
and that our MacOS X version will meet the needs of the vast
majority of the VMD/Mac community.

Thanks,