From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 09:24:14 CDT

Dear James,
  I know its a bit confusing now and then, but in the Render window
you need to type the filename using "\" characters rather than "/".
The Tcl language used in VMD's command console wants filenames with the
"/" character, this is an unfortunate result of Windows wanting
filenames one way and Tcl wanting them the other way. Anyway,
if you save the snapshot by typing this path, it should work fine
for you (I just did a similar test on my NT machine here, though the
desktop path on NT is a bit different from Win 95):
  C:\Windows\Desktop\snap.bmp

On NT I did this with:
  C:\winnt\profiles\johns\desktop\snap.bmp

Let us know if you need more help getting this working on your machine.
I have to admit that without a Windows 95 machine to test with, I'm
assuming that you aren't going to run into trouble that's Win95-specific.

Thanks,