From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 00:11:44 CST

Hi Kiran,
  To get the msvc sources, you need to get a CVS copy of the source.
Alternately, I can send you a tar.gz file containing the msvc, inst,
and other subtrees you need. Are you specifically interested in
building VMD 1.7.1, or are you interested in working with the current
source code? If you're interested in working on the current source code,
then the best route is to just sign up for the read-only CVS access on
the VMD web site, and I'll help you get started compiling your own
versions from the current CVS source:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/development.html

Thanks,