From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 19:29:42 CST

Dear Markus,
  Though VMD does not directly calculate these items, the "Surf" and
"MSMS" solvent accessible / solvent excluded surface programs do calculate
some of these values. If you call them directly, you should be able to
get the information you need. I also believe that the old AlphaShapes
software will do this sort of thing, and there are undoubtably several
other packages that handle this. If you need help getting this done
beyond knowing about the available packages, let me know and I'll
dig up some more details for you.

Thanks,