From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 11:26:24 CST

Hi,
  It sounds to me like there may be a problem with your VMD installation,
or that some of your filesystems are read-only by the userid you're
running the software as. I'd highly recommend that you get VMD 1.7,
as it SHOULD work with IRIX 6.5 32-bit machines with no problem. We
still provide the IRIX6 32-bit versions, and plan to continue to provide
them for some time yet. VMD 1.7 also has a nicer interface for
starting the RMSD routines. Let us know if you have questions or
any problems getting VMD 1.7 installed on your system.

Thanks,