From: Aitor Gonzalez (Aitor.Gonzalez_at_EMBL-Heidelberg.de)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2001 - 04:40:38 CST

Dear VMD-L,

I have written a python script , where you find the following loop,

import label
atom_index=1
atom_number=30
while atom_index<atom_number:
        label.add(ATOM,(0,),(atom_index,))
        atom_index=atom_index+1
        raw_input('-->')

Every time I run the loop, I want it to show the label in the display.
Depending on what I see in the label, I want to make the input.

When I run the program It shows me the labels, only when I finish the loop
and all of them together. THis doesn't help me very much, because I cannot
make the decision depending on what I see.

I have tried also with for- and if-loops and it happens the same. I have
also tried writing 'show(ATOM,{'molid':(0,),'atomid':(atom_index,)})',
after the 'add' command.

Has already someone tried something similar? Is it posible?

Thanks in advance,

Aitor Gonzalez

Tef: +49-(0)6221-452012
Heidelberg, Germany