From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 11:04:08 CDT

Hi,
  I have put together a new compile of VMD with DRI support
on Linux, using our freshly reinstalled linux boxes. It was built
on a Redhat 6.2 system, running kernel 2.2.17, with XFree 4.01
and the bleeding edge NVidia drivers.

The binary is available at:
  ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/vmd-1.6-test.bin.LINUX.opengl.tar.gz

It calls itself VMD 1.6a2, but a few more changes will be made before I
release 1.6a2 for real, so I just named this file "1.6-test" so that people
don't get confused later this week when 1.6a2 comes out.

Can Linux users with DRI + XFree 4.x give this new binary a spin and let
me know if this gets rid of that "bug in dynamic linker" problem some of you
have been experiencing?

Please give it a try and send us email letting us know how well it works
(or doesn't!) for you.

Thanks,