From: Dr Nicolas Le Novere (nl223_at_cus.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 07:18:30 CDT

Hello,

I am using raster3d to output the final version of my figures.
They contain transparent surfaces over tubes and vdw. The surfaces
are nice in the vmd window. However the raster3d file output from
vmd gives me rough polygonal surfaces, far to exhibit the quality
found at
http://www.bmsc.washington.edu/raster3d/examples/transparent.jpeg

Is there any way to decrease the size (i.e. increase the number)
of the triangles written in the plot.r3d file?
(I recompiled raste3d to handle huge constructs)

Thank you,

--
Dr Nicolas Le Novère                   e-mail: nl223_at_cus.cam.ac.uk
Dpt Zoology, Univ Cambridge, Downing street, Cambridge CB2 3EJ, UK