From: Timm Essigke (essigke_at_chemie.fu-berlin.de)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 10:11:49 CST

Hi,

I tried to run stereo mode (CrystallEyes) in VMD1.3 (because VMD1.4 seem
not to support it anymore ?) on a SGI Indigo2 (R8000, IRIX 6.5). I have
the same problems as described earlier in this mailing list (John Stone,
17 Feb 1999).
I think the graphics card is a Extreme graphics, too. The gfxinfo output
is:

"Graphics board 0 is "GR2" graphics.
        Managed (":0.0") 1280x1024
        4 GEs, 1 RE, 24 bitplanes, 4 auxplanes, 4 cidplanes, Z-buffer
        GR2 revision 4, VB2.0
        HQ2.1 rev A, GE7 rev B, RE3.1 rev A, VC1 rev B, MC rev D
        19" monitor "

Had there been written an X server extension?
I would highly appreciate, if you could send it to me.

All our newer machines are Linux-boxes. Is there any support of stereo
graphics planed? Graphic cards with shutter glasses for PC got quite
cheap recently. Has anybody experience with them?
We would like to buy them for our PCs if there would be any support in
VMD.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Timm Essigke