From: Fotis Baltoumas (fbaltoumas_at_biol.uoa.gr)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2018 - 05:09:35 CDT

Hello,

I think the error is pretty much self-explanatory.  The QM/MM interface
is not compatible with CUDA yet, therefore the CUDA-enabled version of
NAMD will not run.

The matter can be easily resolved; simply compile a second NAMD version
without CUDA support (i.e. using only CPUs) and use that. Or download
one of the precompiled distributions if you're in a hurry.

Just a note, the version you say you have is not 2.12, it's a nightly
build with newer features, that will eventually become version 2.13.  So
I would advise you to consult the nightly build's user guide for more
information (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/cvs/ug/ ).  Although,
from a quick glance, I see that they still haven't included the QM/MM
code in the guide yet.

Fotis

--
Fotis A. Baltoumas, Bsc, Msc
Phd Candidate, Bioinformatics Postgraduate Programme
Section of Cell Biology and Biophysics
Department of Biology
National & Kapodistrian University of Athens
Panepistimiopolis, Athens 157 01, GREECE
email : fbaltoumas_at_biol.uoa.gr
http://biophysics.biol.uoa.gr
http://bioinformatics.biol.uoa.gr
Tel.: +30 2107274876