From: Fotis Baltoumas (fbaltoumas_at_biol.uoa.gr)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2017 - 13:22:46 CDT

Hi,

NAMD can read multiple files with no problem. However, if you
downloaded the original CHARMM files, you may have to edit them a bit to
comment out the lines containing CHARMM code (if loops, "read card"
lines etc) which NAMD does not recognize.

You can find NAMD-formatted CHARMM36 files in your VMD installation, in
the readcharmmtop and readcharmmpar plugin directories. Try using those.

Fotis