From: Athreya, Nagendra Bala Murali (nathreya_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 05 2016 - 16:27:21 CST

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your reply. I did go through the paper. I think I kept the gridForce just to make sure that DNA doesn't stick to Graphene.

The dielectric constant is HUGE when it is non-rigid. I did not know that. This is a great info!

I have made the changes and submitted the job for running the simulation. I will get back to you after it has run for few ns. (I am hoping that with these changes I should be able to see the translocation by the first few ns).

Also, though the model with Graphene and DNA is just around ~10,000 atoms, when I add the water and ions, it increases to ~ 400,000 atoms. Is there any way to reduce the number of water atoms?

Thank you once again for your help and time.

Sincerely,
Nagendra Athreya