From: Michael Bach (mbach_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 14:08:23 CDT

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:47:36 -0400
From: Ana Celia Araujo Vila Verde <avilaverde_at_engr.psu.edu>
To: Michael Bach <mbach_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
Subject: RE: tutorial-l: script for hbond time series (fwd)

OK, I just noticed that the script I sent you does not output a time-series of the hbonds... Sorry, it's been a while since I've used it and I got confused. What my script does is to count the HBonds that form at every frame and then output a file containing, for each type of HBond that occurs, the total number of times that that HBond occurred. Typical output looks like this:

GLN:N GLN:OE1 GLN:HN 171 182 172 3

Where:
  - GLN:N means the N atom in one of the GLN residues (donor atom); GLN:OE1 means the OE1 atom in one of the GLN residues (acceptor atom); 1GLN:HN means the HN atom in one of the GLN residues (hydrogen atom).
  - 171 182 172 are the indexes for each of the atoms (donor, acceptor, hydrogen);
  - 3 is the number of HBonds of this type found in the *dcd under study.

Sorry for the mix-up... Maybe this will be useful to you anyway? you can try searching the NAMD list; maybe someone else has a script that does what you need.

Ana

_________________________________
Ana Célia Araújo Vila Verde
Penn State University