From: C. Parry (furrow99_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 09:22:24 CST

Hello -
I am trying the "Volume" coloring and I am using the
files that come with the tutorial using VMD-1.8.5

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/apbsrun/colorbypot.html

I have followed the steps carefully. First, I load the
structure (fas2.pqr) and display it (drawing) as
surface. Next, I load the volume data into the
existing (same one fas2) molecule: mol addfile pot.dx,
and the drawing method to 'volume.' No color change
even when I adjust the color range tab.

Could you tell me what I am missing?

2. What specific steps would I need to take to display
just a few residues around a given residue?

3. When I invoke VMD at command '$ vmd -e fas2.vmd'
the VMD display freezes - so I have to depend on the
icon.

Thanks.