From: nikki strickland (strickland_nikki_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 04:48:14 CST

I would like to quantify the different placement and orientation of the 8 alpha-helices in unligated and ligated myoglobin with respect to an origin (defined as the centre-of-mass of the four haem nitrogens). The best way I can think of doing this is to obtain equations for the 8 vectors going through and along each alpha helix (defined by alpha-carbons) in each myoglobin.

  I would very much appreciate knowing whether VMD is capable of defining and displacing such vectors and any suggestions as to how.

  Thank-you!
  Nikki

**
** Visit http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/ for more info on majordomo