From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2007 - 11:50:43 CDT

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, sally cii wrote:

hi rachel (or sally??)

SC> Hi, Olaf
SC>
SC> Thank you for your reply. When I loaded the AMBER parm file (which should
SC> contain box information) and then trajectories into VMD, by default VMD

the box information from the .parm file (if there is any) will not be
used by VMD. it only reads box dimensions along the trajectory from
the coordinate files (it is a per-step property and .parm files do
not contain any coordinates).

SC> draws a rectangular box for that trajectory, can I ask how does VMD makes
SC> this box? and if I use this rectangular box rather than the original

can you please explain how you generate that box?
by default VMD does nothing like that without you
calling some other script that draws a box.

cheers,
   axel.