From: Nuno Loureiro Ferreira (nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 10:18:04 CDT

eh eh eh

I'm not a windows user.
Grep is a *nix command, not a tcl one, that's why its executed
with "exec grep ...".
But, I know that cygwin has grep (or similar command). Check
http://www.cygwin.com/.
Perhaps someone out there working on windows could help you.
There's zillions of ways to script, so there's always a way to do what
you want using plain tcl/vmd commands.

Cheers,
Nuno

P.S. Take this as an opportunity to slowly migrate to linux.