From: Nuno Loureiro Ferreira (nunolf_at_ci.uc.pt)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2007 - 10:26:20 CDT

Hi Axel

Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Nuno Loureiro Ferreira wrote:
>
> NLF> Ok.
> NLF> Do you have by any chance a complete list of the VMD built-in commands
> NLF> and respective flags?
> NLF> That will help a lot.
>
> well, there is the scripting section of the user's guide.
> but this also is the problem of this approach: what do you
> call a VMD intrinsic? you cannot really tell the difference
> between keywords that are 'compiled' or 'just scripts'.
> ...and then you have those many additional functions in the
> plugins. some are public, others not. some plugins are so
> useful, that people consider them an integral part of VMD
> and yet they are 'external'.

Yes, I was already expecting this kind of problems. You are right about
which keywords to use.
But, in a more general way, the scripts that are written by people (not
including plugins) have "always" a common set of commands :
{animate,atomselect,axes,color,colorinfo,display,draw,%
   exit,graphics,gettimestep,help,imd,label,light,material,measure,%
   menu,mol,molecule,molinfo,mouse,play,quit,render,rock,rotate,%
   scale,stage,tool,translate,user,vmdinfo,volmap,wait,sleep%
   },%

Thanks for the warning.
N.