From: pascal.baillod_at_epfl.ch
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 09:35:45 CDT

Dear community,

I would like to give frame numbers in the vmd tcl console, such as "$sel frame
344", to update the graphical display to the frame containing this structure.
However, this command seems more designed to compute some structural property of
a given frame than to update the graphics display. This second operation could
of course be done by typing in the desired frame number in the main menu, but I
would like to have a tcl script to click through a subset of given frame numbers
(i.e. 2, 4, 56, 107, 233, 5466, etc.) without having to rewrite the trajectory
or type these numbers every new frame. I could imagine a possibility by storing
the desired frame numbers in a tcl array and having vmd loop through it.. Would
anybody know if this is feasible and/or have an example script?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Pascal

Pascal Baillod (PhD student)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL Tel: +41-(0)21-693-0322
Institute of Chemical Sciences and Engineering , Fax: +41-(0)21-693-0320
Laboratory of Computational Chemistry and Biochemistry pascal.baillod_at_epfl.ch
Room BCH 4121, Avenue Forel, http://lcbcpc21.epfl.ch
CH-1015 Lausanne