From: Bhaskar Jyoti Borah (bhaskar_at_sscu.iisc.ernet.in)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2007 - 11:24:15 CDT

     Hi Axel,

         Thanks for your kind response. But my problem was different.
         I wanted to ask about the origin of the cordinate axes. If I
         can shift the location of the origin of the cordinate axes to
         a my desired location.If possible how?

    regards
    bhaskar

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Axel Kohlmeyer wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Bhaskar Jyoti Borah wrote:
>
> BJB> Dear all,
>
> dear bhaskar,
>
> BJB> VMD takes a default origin and accordingly it
> BJB> displays the loaded molecule or the cofiguration.
>
> yes. VMD tries to optimize the viewpoint, so that the whole
> data set fits into the available space optimally.
>
> BJB> I want to know if it is possible to shift the origin
> BJB> from its default location. If possible how do I do it.
>
> yes, please have a look at the VMD user's guide. particularly
> the section on using the mouse:
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node26.html
>
> and the section on the text commands:
> http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node107.html
>

> you didn't say, where exactly your problem is, so it is difficult
> to assess what help you really need. one thing that happens a lot
> is, that you one changes the representation to display only a small
> subset of a large system and in that case the CTRL-R hotkey can be
> very helpful to 'recenter' the view to display this subset optimally
> in standard orientation.
>
> BJB> Thanking you in advance
>
> for all of that you have to keep in mind, that there are essentially
> two ways to change the view: 1) change the viewpoint (the 'camera
> position') and keep the coordinates and 2) change the coordinates
> and keep the viewpoint.
>
> cheers,
> axel.
>

> BJB> regards
> BJB> Bhaskar

*	BHASKAR JYOTI BORAH                          *
*	PhD Student                                  *
*	Indian Institute of Science,                 *
*	Bangalore                                    *
*	Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit    *
*	Computational & Theoretical Chemistry Group  *
believed to be clean.