From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2007 - 20:26:32 CDT

Hi,
  Multiple CPUs won't help much for improving the interactive
rendering speed of multi-million atom systems, since the GPU does
all of the hard work. If the interactive display rate is the
limiting factor for your performance, you should pick up a
more powerful graphics card first since that will make the biggest
difference for your performance.