From: Himanshu Khandelia (hkhandel_at_memphys.sdu.dk)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 10:02:54 CDT

I want to confine the changes only to the residues in question (so that
only the structure of the loop changes, and not that of the rest of the
structure). I was doing this using:

for {set i 22 } { $i < 26 } { incr i } {
set sel [atomselect top "resid $i and name CA"]
$sel set phi -60
$sel set psi -45
}

So the {phi,psi} pair of only residues 22 through 26 changed. But the
entire molecule downstream rotates because of the changes enforced on the
dihedral angles of residues 22-25. I hope its clearer now ?

Thank you,

-himanshu

Himanshu Khandelia, PhD
Research Assistant Professor (Postdoc)