From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 17:43:49 CDT

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Francesco Pietra wrote:

francesco,

FP> John:
FP> Although, as a practical organic chemist, I find
FP> myself not qualified to give suggestions about
FP> files/packages, a general way of doing with Linux

this is a common misconception: actually you are
_very_ qualified, since you describe the situation
from the perspective of a 'normal user'. this will
be _much_ more helpful than what an 'expert' would
write, that usually is more easily misunderstood
by a typical user. it is up to the more experienced
users to remove any errors, but your perspective is
what people that want useful documentation are after.

i sometimes wish, more people would understand this
and thus help developers making their efforts more
applicable to the real world(tm). ;-)

ciao,
   axel.