From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 29 2007 - 10:07:15 CDT

Hi,
  In order to display multiple probability density isosurfaces, you can
select different isovalues, coloring each one by manually selected color IDs,
or using the "color by volume" option, and having VMD automatically apply
a color scale to the data. The advantage to using the color by volume approach
is that you can then copy that representation a few times adjusting the
isovalues as appropriate, and you'll be able to see multiple individually
colored density shells quite readily. Another technique that is often handy
for this type of visualization is to use clipping planes to slice open the
isosurfaces so you can clearly see the nested shells of probability density.