From: Yinglong Miao (yimiao_at_indiana.edu)
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 15:21:11 CDT

Dear VMD developers/users,

I have been reading online VMD Plugin Programmer's Guide, but still
have not find answers for my specific problem. I want to write a TCL
package as a plugin to VMD, while in the TCL package script, I want to
call Fortran/C subroutines for the core procedures, which are very
computationally intensive. So can I develop an efficient Fortran
program and archive it into a binary library file with those
computation subroutines so that I can them in TCL scripts? If yes, how
to include a binary library in a TCL package? Or can anyone tell me
other ways to call Fortran/C subroutines in TCL to speed up the
calculation?

Any suggestios will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Long

--
Yinglong Miao