From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 11:04:34 CDT

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Dow Hurst DPHURST wrote:

DH> Mario,
DH> The opteron can run 32bit and 64 bit code so you may be running a 32bit
DH> nvidia driver. The itanium is not enabled the same way, IIRC. There
DH> really isn't 64bit GLSL support from Nvidia or ATI yet.

i beg to differ. see:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_1.0-9755.html

i'm running this on an EM64t machine (dual woodcrest) in 64-bit
mode and GLSL works nicely when running locally.

the situation is very different on IA64, but for remote display
this is not so much an issue. the question is more whether
the local nvidia driver exposes the GLSL infrastructure to a
remote application via GLX, which is a cat of a different color.

cheers,
   axel.