From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 08:47:16 CDT

On Mon, 7 May 2007, andrea spitaleri wrote:

hi andrea!

AS> Hi all,
AS> is there any way to colour the frames by different colour. For
AS> instances, 10 frames and colour each

i can imagine a number of ways of coloring by frame.
the question is what exactly do you want to show?
do you want to have a representation that gradually
changes color with the frame number, or do you want
to show multiple frames at the same time in (very)
different colors?

my suggested strategy would be to copy the frame number
into the 'user' field of the relevant atoms and then
either use a representation with with User colorization
or multiple representations with different color ids and
selections with 'user == x' to select frame x
and activate Update Selection Every Frame.
you can then set Draw Multiple Frames to whatever
you need to display either only the current or multiple
frames.

hope that helps,
   axel