From: Ana Celia Araujo Vila Verde (avilaverde_at_engr.psu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 10:29:43 CDT

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure I understood you correctly, but here are my two cents (check the line with the comment below):

foreach res {77 183 188 198} {
   set CA [atomselect 0 "name CA and resid $res"]
   set RESNAME [$CA get resname]
   set RES_SEL [set RESNAME] ;# when you use [set RESNAME] without a value, it returns the value currently stored in variable RESNAME. So, RES_SEL will take the current value stored in RESNAME.
   set A [atomselect 0 "$RES_SEL and resid $res"]
}
_________________________________
Ana Célia Araújo Vila Verde
Penn State University