From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 22:09:35 CDT

Luis,
  I'm betting that the Quadro NVS cards are based on the older
chipset which doesn't support full GLSL. It is possible they don't
correctly handle the gl_FrontFacing attribute, which is the one
thing that VMD 1.8.6 requires. With the older versions of VMD we
used a workaround for this problem since a lot of people had older
cards still, but the workaround had limitations and degraded the
resulting image quality. For VMD 1.8.6 we're now requiring fully
compliant GLSL. You can determine if the gl_FrontFacing is the
issue by setting the VMDGLSLVERBOSE variable in your system settings
(I'm assuming this is a Windows system since you listed the driver
 version 84.26..)

If that's indeed the issue, I'd recommend upgrading to a newer
video bard, as even inexpensive GeForce cards will leave the older
Quadro NVS 28x cards in the dust.