From: James Keener (jkeener_at_psc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 09:45:18 CDT

I'm trying to create a plugin (with tcl/tk) for vmd, and after a google
search, found
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/doxygen/tcltkplugins.html

I used that and another pre-existing extension to create this file
(exmp.tcl):

package provide exmp 0.1

namespace eval ::Exmp:: {
 namespace export exmp
 variable w
}

proc ::Exmp::exmp {} {
 variable w

 # create main window frame
 set w .exmp
 catch {destroy $w}
 toplevel $w
 wm title $w "Example"
 wm resizable $w 0 0
}

proc exmp_tk {} {
 ::Exmp::exmp
 return $::Exmp::w
}

in ~/lib/vmd/plugins/noarch/tcl/exmp0.1/. When I open vmd and type
"vmd_install_extension exmp exmp_tk "Example", it adds the "Example"
menu item but also says "The exmp package could not be loaded:" and no
more but a new line. Would anyone be willing to give some advice or
know of a tutorial that doesn't assume prior knowledge of how to get
this all to work? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim