From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 11:29:09 CDT

Adrian,
  I tested this out and I see what the problem is. The current version
of the PDB plugin for VMD will not read the other models in the 2OMF file
as trajectory frames because they have a differing number of atoms.
You could simply split this file into three files at the "MODEL" keywords
within the file, and then load the individual pieces into VMD. Support
for files of this type is already on the TODO list for the PDB reader plugin,
but I haven't had time to start on it yet. The same issue applies to one
or two other file formats which can embed multiple strutures which cannot
be treated as independent trajectory frames. I need to make some small
changes to the VMD plugin API to better support these formats.