From: preeda (preeda_at_hlab.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 09:30:43 CDT

Dear John and other phantom users

Now I am trying to connect a Phantom with VMD through VRPN.
My system is as following specification

VRPN 7.04 runs on Win XP, compiled by Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
"VRPN_USE_PHANTOM_SERVER" is defined in vrpn_Configure.h to use Ghost4.0
"vrpn_Phantom Phantom 0 60.0" is defined in vrpn.cfg to configurate a
vrpn_server to make a phantom server

My phantom works perfectly for other applications with Ghost4.0
test_vrpn and client_and_server programs run without any problem
Ghost libary and stl folders are included in the include paths

However I still can not make a phantom server,
the vrpn_server(vrpn.C) is compiled without any error but when I build
it (vrpn_server.exe) the below errors occur

Compiling...
vrpn.C
vrpn_Generic_server_object.C
Linking...
vrpn_Generic_server_object.obj : error LNK2001: external symbol
""public: __thiscall vrpn_Phantom::vrpn_Phantom(char *,class
vrpn_Connection *,float)"
(??0vrpn_Phantom@@QAE_at_PADPAVvrpn_Connection@@M_at_Z)" is unsolved
../pc_win32/server_src/vrpn_server/Debug/vrpn_server.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: external reference 1 is unsolved
link.exe execution error

vrpn_server.exe - error 2$B!"(Bwarning 0

If someone who had experienced or knows how to fix this error, any
advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance for your valuable advice

Preeda