From: PREETA DATTA (preita_datta_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 07:19:13 CST

Hello,
  I am working on bilayers and have newly started using VMD.I am facing the following problem :

  I have generated a POPC bilayer using 'membrane' plugin in VMD.I have got the corresponding .pdb and .psf files, using VMD.Those files are CHARMM compatible.
  Now , I wish to run MD simulations for this bilayer in AMBER using CHARMM forcefield.
  I cannot create the CHARMM coordinate and topology files using VMD.

    Is it possible to create AMBER compatible topology and coordinate files (from these pdb and psf files I have) ?

  Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Preeta
  (Project Assisstant,
  Indian Institute of Science)