From: Alessandro Cembran (cembran_at_chem.umn.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 18:57:05 CST

Sorry, I've seen you rinning the 500 processor job here at our blade and
I thought you were referring to that one. Anyway, the one in BCN is
still a distributed memory machine
(http://www.bsc.es/plantillaA.php?cat_id=202):

Alessandro

*Server Blade JS21
*
Each Blade Center has 14 server blades type JS21. Each of these nodes
has 2 processors PowerPC 970MP at 2.3 GHz, 8 Gb of shared memory between
both processors and a local disk IDE of 40 Gb.

Each node has a network card Myrinet type M3S-PCIXD-2-I for its
connection to the high speeded interconnection and the two connections
to the network Gigabit.

Each node has a local disk of 40 Gb and works diskless, in other words,
the operating system is not in the local disk, it is in the storage
racks instead and when each node initializes each one is loaded through
a Gigabit network.