From: Marcos Sotomayor (sotomayo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 12:24:49 CST

Dear Bertrand,

I don't mean to be rude, but your case is an excellent example to
illustrate how much time you (and other people in the list) could save by
just looking at the tutorials available in our website, particularly the
VMD tutorial

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/vmd/tutorial-html/index.html

Both of your questions (rendering and changing background color) are
answered in the first! unit of the tutorial.

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Training/Tutorials/vmd/tutorial-html/node2.html#SECTION00028000000000000000

I think many other questions usually posted here are also answered in the
tutorials. While I agree that is nicer to have John answer our questions,
it is even better to have John working on improved versions of VMD.

Regards,
Marcos